Health & Safety
OFP Health and Safety
OFP Timber Framed Homes is committed absolutely, from the Managing Director to the shop-floor and office staff to achieving industry leading levels of Health and Safety in all areas of our company, both on and off-site. We hold the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme Certificate of Accreditation (CHAS), demonstrating our commitment to sound management of current health and safety legislation.
Our company Health and Safety structure ensures accountability and responsibility at all levels throughout our business, giving clients peace of mind, employees a safe working environment and keeping accident rates to an absolute minimum. Our management team hold certification in NEBOSH and IOSH. The shop floor staff are NVQ trained in Plant Operations and our on site erection teams are specially trained in timber frame erection and hold CSCS cards.
We are members of the UK Timber Frame Association and therefore take our fire safety responsibilities very seriously. We adhere to the system as specified in the SiteSafe scheme.
OFP Health and Safety Structure
- Director responsible for H&S
- H&S Manager
- Factory Foreman/Site Agents
- First Aiders/Fire Stewards
Health and safety policy
- Every OFP employee is trained to CIEH basic standards of Health and Safety.
- Every OFP employee is given a comprehensive induction prior to commencement of work.
- All erection crews have a qualified appointed person for site operations, allowing ease of communication for our clients.
- All erection crews are vetted prior to commissioning of contract ensuring mandatory levels of Health and Safety are achieved.
- OFP conduct regular site visits to ensure standards of good practice are maintained on site.
- All method statements and risk assessments are prepared in-house and regularly reviewed and updated as per legal requirements.
OFP believe that an informed workforce is a safe work-force.